Tuesday, October 2, 2012

RIP Oswald (January 1, 2000 to October 2, 2012)


Today my mom called with bad news. I hate those phone calls: "Nerine, ek het slegte nuus".

It would appear that my sibling ran over Oswald, my family's beloved Boston Terrier x Pug. Now Ozzy, as I called him, was originally my dog, but my parents decided to keep him when I moved out. Granted, I was a bit miffed at the time, but my dad was nuts about Ozzy, so he stayed with my parental unit, eventually moving to Swellendam with the folks.

It wasn't too bad. I still got to see the crazy critter whenever I visited. Recently, my parents downscaled to a retirement village, and couldn't keep pets, so Ozzy went to go live with my sister.

Yeah, I'm pissed off. Ozzy liked to snooze in the shade in the driveway. My sibling *could* have looked. But jawellnofine, at least he died quickly, and it wasn't something horrible, like him getting cancer or getting chewed up by another dog.

So, this is Ozzy as I like to remember him. He was a total clown. Oh, and by the way, I named him after The Penguin, Oswald Pepperpot. Wherever you're hunting, Oz, have a good one. You were one helluva dog.

2 comments: